30.2 C
St John's
Sunday, June 13, 2021
Home Business Antigua and Barbuda records 4 Covid-19 related Deaths in less than 72...

Antigua and Barbuda records 4 Covid-19 related Deaths in less than 72 hours

Antigua and Barbuda has recorded four COVID-19-related deaths at the Mount St John’s Medical Centre (MSJMC) over a seventy two(72) hour period.

Bringing to fourteen the number of confirmed covid-19 related deaths from respiratory illness.

On Thursday a male patient, age sixty-eight, passed away at  3:33 p.m. Then on Saturday, a female patient, age seventy-seven, with underlying medical conditions, passed away 12:15 p.m. Again on Saturday, a second female patient, age fifty-seven, passed away at 9:08 p.m. 

Then at about 11:45, the hospital confirmed yet another death making it the third in a single day: a female patient, age eighty-six.

All four(4) individuals tested positive for the coronavirus.

“Our thoughts and condolences remain with the families and loved ones at this difficult time,” Dr. Duncan stated. 

He further stated “there were thirty-one patients hospitalized up to midday Sunday with COVID-19 illnesses, five of whom were classified as ‘critical care’ patients requiring ventilators”. 

Dr. Duncan went on to state “Even as we do our part by wearing masks and practicing physical distancing along with hand washing/sanitizing, we must remember we are fighting to protect our community. Together, with each of you, MSJMC will continue to work hard to combat this pandemic”.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular

An employer cannot alter its terms and conditions to make the covid19 vaccination mandatory for employees says Trinidad and Tobago Industrial Court President.

President of the Industrial Court Deborah Thomas-Felix has said an employer cannot alter its terms and conditions to make the covid19 vaccination...

Welfare visit to RSS Troops in St. Vincent by Chief of Defence Staff and Commissioner of Police.

The RSS Contigent in SVG had the honour to host the Antigua Barbuda Defence Forcce Chief of Defence Staff (CDS) Colonel Telbert...

DECISION ON CHOKSI BAIL APPLICATION TO BE HANDED DOWN TODAY

High Court Justice Wynante (Wi-nan-tee) Adrien-Roberts has adjourned Mehul Choksi’s bail hearing to June 11, according to the Dominica News Online (DNO).

CURRENT LIAT WORKERS SAY THEY ARE NO BETTER OFF THAN SEVERED COLLEAGUES

Real News- Current LIAT workers say they are no less disgruntled with the Government than their colleagues who were severed last year.

Recent Comments

error: Content is protected !!