HomeHeadlines That MatterOil & Gas Energy Chamber welcomes arrival of Guyana’s fifth FPSO

Oil & Gas Energy Chamber welcomes arrival of Guyana’s fifth FPSO

The Guyana Oil and Gas Energy Chamber (GOGEC) warmly welcomes the arrival of the Errea Wittu, Guyana’s fifth Floating Production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessel, marking another significant milestone in the continued development of Guyana’s offshore oil and gas industry. Named Errea Wittu, meaning “Abundance” in the Warrau language, the vessel represents not only the scale of Guyana’s emerging energy industry but also a meaningful recognition of the country’s rich Indigenous heritage. GOGEC is proud to see Guyana’s offshore operations progressing with the arrival of the fifth FPSO, following the successful deployment of the Liza Destiny, Liza Unity, Prosperity, and ONE GUYANA vessels.

The Errea Wittu, constructed by MODEC for the Uaru development in the Stabroek Block, is expected to commence production in September 2026 and is designed to produce approximately 250,000 barrels of oil per day at peak capacity. The US$12.7 billion Uaru development is targeting an estimated more than 800 million barrels of recoverable oil, representing a substantial addition to Guyana’s production base and an important contributor to the country’s economic development. With current production from the Stabroek Block at approximately 900,000 barrels per day, the arrival and commissioning of Errea Wittu are expected to take Guyana’s production beyond the one-million-barrel-per-day milestone.

GOGEC recognizes that this expansion brings significant opportunities for employment, local businesses, investment, skills development, technology transfer, and increased economic activity across Guyana.

GOGEC also extends its congratulations to ExxonMobil Guyana Limited, a committed member of the Chamber and operator of the Stabroek Block, for its continued leadership in advancing Guyana’s offshore developments. ExxonMobil has excelled in its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) to the people of Guyana. We are equally pleased to recognize MODEC, another valued member of GOGEC, for successfully delivering its first FPSO for Guyana and contributing its global expertise to the Uaru development. GOGEC is particularly encouraged to see its members playing such significant roles in the country’s energy transformation. The Chamber remains committed to supporting an industry in which Guyanese businesses and professionals are increasingly positioned to participate, compete, and benefit from the opportunities created by the sector’s continued growth.

 

SourceNews Room
Previous article
Next article
Trinidad: The Environmental Management Authority (EMA) says it has found no breaches of environmental requirements in works being carried out at the Queen’s Park Savannah ahead of Independence Day celebrations, as criticism grows over the government’s decision to relocate the parade. The EMA said it investigated concerns raised publicly about the works and found that they were temporary in nature and did not breach its regulations. During a site visit, EMA officers observed two temporary ramps built over box drains and a temporary stage surrounded by a perimeter fence. A metal ramp had been placed over a box drain, while a gravel-sand mixture had been temporarily placed on either side. The EMA said no paving or caulking had been carried out and no excavation works were observed. The investigation was conducted in accordance with Certificate of Environmental Clearance (CEC) Designated Activities 8 and 9. The EMA concluded that the works did not breach its regulations. The findings came as former Prime Minister and Opposition Leader Stuart Young criticised the government over the decision to move the Independence Day Parade to an area opposite President’s House. In a statement on Friday, Young said residents leaving Cascade, St Ann’s and Belmont had faced “chaotic gridlock traffic” and blamed the United National Congress (UNC) administration’s decision to relocate the celebrations. He also criticised the works at the Savannah, questioning whether the government had ensured that the site’s aquifers would not be polluted by paving materials and chemicals seeping into the ground. “Who is winning?” Young asked. Young’s comments came amid separate criticism from environmental group Fishermen and Friends of the Sea (FFOS), which has condemned construction works at the Savannah. In a statement issued on Wednesday by its corporate secretary Gary Aboud, FFOS warned that what it described as “temporary enhancements” for the Independence Day celebrations could result in permanent degradation of the capital’s 232-acre green space. The group also accused Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar’s administration of treating the historic Savannah as its private property. The EMA’s assessment, however, found no breach of its environmental regulations based on the works observed during its site visit.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular

Recent Comments