29.1 C
St John's
Friday, May 27, 2022
HomeHeadlines That MatterDCA Brake its silence on demolition in Parham

DCA Brake its silence on demolition in Parham

The Development Control Authority (DCA) has finally spoken out about the recent demolition of a Parham Ital Shack.

When the event was made public on social media the same day, it caused alarm among many neighbours.

Following the demolition of the Parham store on January 14th, one of the business’s operators, Malcolm Reade, expressed his confusion as to why the property was demolished.

The individual claimed that the DCA had issued a stop order for the project in January 2021 because he and a group of pals had built it without authority.

He added that the permission was obtained in March of last year and would remain through March 9th, 2022.

He claimed that after speaking with the DCA, they were told that they would be permitted to operate until the 9th of March deadline.

The Chief towns and country planner, Fredick Southwell, issued a statement on January 21, 2022, in which he tried to clarify “a number of quote erroneous and misleading statements regarding the shed owned by Kamany Gardener.”

Southwell said that the guy was granted a one-year license to use the site in issue from March 2021 to March 2022 with the express purpose of selling fruits and vegetables from the farm he operated out of a 10×10 building.

Permission must be given before any suitable structure can be built, he was told. Gardener drew a rough free-hand design of a suggested building, he explained.

“The drawing was rejected due to insufficiency, and despite the DCA’s request for one, a professional drawing was never created,” he claimed.

Most Popular

Recent Comments