Sports grounds could let spectators back in from October with test events including cricket starting in just NINE DAYS’ time… but is it all viable ahead of a potential rise in coronavirus cases?
- Crowds could return to UK sports stadiums from October as lockdown lifted
- Prime Minister Boris Johnson made the announcement on Friday morning
- It would be subject to a series of successful test events from later this month
- County Championship cricket, horse racing and snooker among pilot events
- Sport has taken placed behind closed doors since lockdown in March
- Premier League clubs had anticipated the news and have canvassed fans